Information for Authors
- The Editorial Office accepts original articles, unpublished earlier, of the thematic content in accordance with the magazine profile.
- The Editorial Office reserves the right to resign from publishing the article if:
- its subject – matter is not within the magazine profile,
- the article does not obtain positive reviews,
- the article is incomplete or contains typographic materials of too low quality,
- the article has not been prepared according to the editorial guidelines.
- The Author/Authors are required:
- to reveal a contribution of individuals in an elaboration of the publication, but the main responsibility for the content of the submitted article is borne by the author delivering it,
- to show the information about the subjects contributing to a preparation of the publication (thematic, in kind, financial input etc.),
- to mention the person, whose input in a preparation of the publication has been significant and whose name is not among the authors, he/she should be mentioned in the acknowledgements included in the publication.
- An indispensable condition of publishing the article includes conveying the author and proprietary rights by the author/authors to the Instytut Techniki Górniczej KOMAG (Application Form).
- All the detected cases of ghostwriting or guest authorship will be brought to light, including a notification of the appropriate institutions (institutions employing the authors, scientific societies, associations of scientific editors and so on).
- The Author/Authors are requested to follow the principles of publishing articles:
- The volume of the article should not be smaller than 6 but not bigger than 10 editorial pages according to the established magazine template.
- The text, planned for a publication, should be delivered on the above mentioned template in the editing version together with a filled – in and signed Article Application Form (materials should be sent to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An initial approval of the article is done by the Editorial Office after having checked:
- the content of the publication original, i.e. whether it contains: author’s/authors’ scientific/professional degrees and titles, author’s/authors’ affiliations, title, abstract, preamble (introduction), formulation of subject-matter in clauses, summary, records of literature (bibliography).
- Article Application Form.
- The Thematic Editor qualifies the article for reviews.
- Obtaining positive reviews is a condition of approving the article for a publication – see the Reviewing Procedure.
- A correction of the article reviewed version by the English Language Editor and the Technical Editor is conducted.
- The Editor – in – Chief approves the article final version for a publication.
The readers of the “Mining Machines” Quaterly have certainty that the author/authors of the publications in a clear, fair and honest manner present the results of their work, irrespective of the fact whether they are its direct authors or they have used an assistance from a specialized subject.
The Editorial Office demands from the publication authors to reveal an input of individual authors in an elaboration of a publication (giving their affiliation, i.e. the information who is the author of the concept, assumptions, methods and so on, used for a preparation of the publication), but the main responsibility is borne by the author submitting the article. The Editorial Office requires the information about the sources of financing the publication, the input of scientific-and-research institutions, societies and other subjects.